6.09.2009

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall.....



So Chase has been rather busy lately and we haven't had a lot of "us" time. So last night and today we crammed in a few weeks worth of fun. We had a great time and I fully intended to write about it, but I think I'm going to take some more ibuprofen and go to bed instead. All was going well until we stopped by his dad's to drop off the drum set and I was headed up the stairs and somebody says, "What is that noise? Do you hear that??" I turn around to listen to the noise and will probably be wishing I had not done that for a few weeks. I have weak ankles that tend to just turn my foot on its side when I run or step just right and apparently I stepped just right on the last step. So I only had one step to fall (thank goodness), but I did it about as gracelessly as possible. With my laptop tucked under one arm (yeah, the one time I leave the house with it) I flew into the air in what I can only imagine looked something like the Peanut gang fixing up Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.



There were suddenly several pairs of limbs flailing in all directions. Only when it was all over there was no glorious Christmas tree in my place.



I landed in a painful heap on the ground. The only redeeming quality of the whole thing is that I landed with my laptop still tucked safely under my arm. (which Derek still can't believe) Upon landing on the wood floor I had three guys run in my direction looking like there was a large plank sticking out of my forehead or something. Luckily, I think I'm just bruised and sore with a possible sprain. But hopefully I will be back tomorrow to write about our lovely day. So goodnight!

No comments: